Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lemon Meringue Protein Smoothie


I'm giving my usual Hump Day post a rest for this week. Instead, I have a new recipe for you all. 

These past few weeks I have experimented with pavlovas/meringues and lemon in a range of recipes. The process of making meringues can be rather time consuming, so I found myself popping my thinking cap on. Thus this Lemon Meringue Protein Smoothie was created.   





Ingredients

200ml Lite Coconut Milk (or any milk you prefer)
100g Plain 0% Fat Chobani Greek Yogurt
1 Scoop of MRM Vanilla Protein Powder 
(any brand of vanilla or non-flavoured protein would work)
1 tsp Guar Gum
2 tsp Natvia
1-2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
4-5 Ice cubes
Zest of half a Lemon


Directions

Chuck everything in a blender and pulse until smooth
Pour into a jar or glass and add a slice of lemon to the rim

Makes 1 serve








Nutritional info


299 calories
31g protein
13g fat (Healthy fats from the coconut milk)
11g carbs
4g sugar (Sugars are naturally occurring in the Chobani and MRM Whey Protein)
3g fibre



Tips

You could use xanthan gum rather than guar gum
If you don't have guar gum, I would add a few more ice cubes or extra Chobani to thicken the mixture
Try this recipe with other citrus fruits
Passionfruit Chobani would make a great substitute for Plain Chobani. The sweetness of the passionfruit with the sour lemon makes for another spin on the traditional Aussie pavlova/meringue, but in smoothie form.



I purchased the guar gum and MRM Vanilla Protein Powder from iHerb.com
To save on your first order, enter NDW884 at checkout


Check out the other blogger recipe submissions for Candy Fit's #RecipeFriday



1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Lemon Meringue! Love it!

    Thanks for linking up! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete