Saturday, March 30, 2013

[Product Review] MRM Protein Powder

Seeing as I have just finished my container of Vanilla MRM Protein Powder, I thought I would do a little review for those of you unfamiliar with this brand.

The first great thing about MRM is that it's sweetened with stevia and contains no added sugars or chemical/artificial sweeteners. You all know how much I love stevia!

What really surprises me about some clean eating bloggers is that they use protein powders which contain sucralose. I guess it might have something to do with the few companies who choose to use stevia in their products. Off the top of my head I can only name MRM and About Time.


Read More >>>

The list of ingredients for Vanilla MRM are quite impressive:

NAT-PRO optimizer (ultrafiltered, low temperature processed whey protein concentrate, crossflow microfiltered whey protein isolate, l-glutamine & NitroZyme - a proteolytic enzyme preparation containing bioactive peptidases derived from a plant source), natural vanilla flavor, carrageenan, stevia & sodium chloride.

As a rule of thumb, the fewer ingredients used in a product, the better it usually is for you. I'm sure there are some exceptions to that rule, but for the most part it is true.

Nutritional info
(per scoop - 24.3g)

87 calories
18g protein
1g fat
1.5g carbs
1g sugar
(naturally occurring in the whey)


The one thing you will notice about MRM protein is how fluffy it is. It blends quickly and easily with liquids, with no hidden lumps. The natural vanilla flavour is spot on and not at all sickly unlike some other brands.

If you go back over my posts for the month of March you'll see that I have used Vanilla MRM in quite a few recipes. I've incorporated protein powder into my baked goods to up the protein.






I think it's the already quite fluffy texture which makes the baked goods stay fluffy and moist.


Price breakdown:

$13.12 for the small tub (458g)
Contains 19 servings
69 cents per serve


$25.57 for the large tub (923g)
Contains 38 serves
67 cents per serve

Considering stevia is the sweetener, MRM protein powder is quite cost-efficient compared to other brands. 
I must say I am pleased with this product and will continue to purchase it. 

You can find MRM Protein Powder online at iHerb.com



NOTE: I was not monetarily compensated for this review by MRM. All opinions expressed are my own. 


Have you tried protein powders sweetened with stevia?
Do you know of any other brands, other than the ones listed, who use stevia?
Comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Stevia Porteins are the best! I dont like sugar or artifical sweeteners. I will try this one. Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete