Saturday, March 2, 2013

Product Review Saturday: Wisdom Natural SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia


While I am a huge fan of Natvia, there is still room in my heart for liquid stevia. These little bottles of goodness take food and drinks to the next level.


Some facts about Wisdom Natural SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia - 

It is an all natural product
One serve contains zero calories and zero carbohydrates
It has a zero glycemic index
It contains no sugar and is diabetic safe


With liquid stevia you get sweetness without the sugar and natural flavourings without alcohol.

Water, soda, yogurt, milk, baking, smoothies, the myriad of uses for liquid stevia means it's not something you'll buy and never use.

Here is a basic guide of what I use each flavour for:

Cola - soda water
Peppermint - yogurt and anything chocolate
English Toffee - yogurt and smoothies
Apricot Nectar - yogurt, soda water, green tea
Lemon - yogurt, soda water, green tea

They can all be used in baking to add sweetness and flavour to your sugar free recipes. The next time you make muffins, cupcakes or pancakes, add a few drops rather than using alcohol-based flavoured essence. 

I have tried other brands of liquid stevia, and so far Wisdom Naturals has been my favourite. The natural flavours added taste real and not fake or overpowering.

For some, the price of liquid stevia is a little off putting. Click here to see the price breakdown per serve.

Like all liquid stevias it can be tempting to add too much to your food, but honestly a few drops is all you need.

If you're new to liquid stevia, try at first just adding a few drops to your coffee. Think of all the calories you can save by swapping a teaspoon or two of sugar for stevia instead. Or, rather than heading to a Starbucks or a coffee shop, you can make fancy, sugar free drinks at home.


Click here to check out the full Wisdom Natural SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia range. 
If it's your first iHerb purchase, use my discount code NDW884 to save up to $10!

Check out some of my past recipes featuring liquid stevia here.


Have you tried liquid stevia before? What is your favourite flavour?

NOTE: These products were purchased with my own money. I was not monetarily compensated for this review by Wisdom Naturals. All opinions expressed are my own. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm slightly obsessed with the English Toffee flavour at the moment.Iced coffee made with that and almond milk is really addictive! NuNaturals also make a lot of nice varieties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that. That flavour combination beats any Starbucks drink hands down.

      I've yet to try NuNaturals, but am eager to once I've finished with this brand.

      Delete
    2. With my next iherb order I'm thinking of trying hazelnut (a couple of different brands on there make one).Or maybe both a chocolate and an orange variety to make a jaffa flavour (sounds good in theory....hopefully it doesn't end up tasting brutal).

      Delete
    3. I bought the Now Foods Hazelnut one without first reading that it had an alcohol base. I can't say I'm a huge fan. I stored it in the fridge, like I do the SweetLeaf stevia and it went all sticky and really thick. It's quite a strong flavour, although I'm not sure if that's exclusive to this particular brand, the alcohol base or just hazelnut flavour in general.

      Jaffa sounds like a tasty combination. I'm sure if you did only 2-3 drops of both the chocolate and the orange that it wouldn't be too overpowering.

      Delete
    4. I've been a bit hesitant to try Now Foods stevia.For some reason I imagine it wouldn't be as high end as the other brands....I just have this mental block (I do,however,buy their vitamins).I wasn't sure how hazelnut would taste in stevia form,I'll still try it in either the SweetLeaf or NuNaturals brand.Thanks for the heads up about the Now version!

      Delete
    5. I've tried the Now Foods Sugar Free Drink Sticks and loved them. I guess like most brands there's always that one product that just isn't up to par.
      If you do try hazelnut in SweetLeaf or NuNaturals I'd love to know what you think.

      Delete
    6. I'll make sure to report back once I've tried it.I've seen those drink sticks on iherb,really like the sound of the French Vanilla.Pretty sure I added it to my wishlist a couple of weeks ago.Stevita make stevia drink sticks too,but I don't think they could be posted to Australia because they also contain xylitol.

      Delete