Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Tattoos: Eye See You


Tattoo - All Seeing Eye and Doves

Body Part - Back of neck

Tattoo Artist – Arn Lyons

Location - The Piercing Urge

Date - January 2012




The All Seeing Eye is a symbol often associated with The Illuminati, however, for me it represents having an eye almost guarding my back, having the ability to see what people do or say when my face is turned away from them.


Of almost two decades of dealing with two-faced “friends”, the eye is my reminder to be wary of people, to confront the truth rather than shy away from it; to see things how they truly are.

After seeing Stevie Nicks perform live in November 2011. I knew I wanted a tattoo to mark the occasion and represent my love of her music.

The doves relate back to the song “Edge of Seventeen”, with these lyrics reflecting so much of my being:

Well, then suddenly
There was no one left standing in the hall, yeah yeah
In a flood of tears
That no one really ever heard fall at all
Well, I went searchin’ for an answer
Up the stairs and down the hall
And not to find an answer
Just to hear the call
Of a nightbird singing “Come away”
Just like the white winged dove
Sings a song, sounds like she’s singing
Ooo, baby, ooo
Said “Ooo”
These doves are my freedom.

So many times I have had people ask if the tattoo is finished. They see the line work of the doves and assume they have yet to be shaded in. The doves are silhouettes rather than coloured in as white ink is something which reacts differently on each person. It may barely show, or turn to an almost cream or yellow. My skin is pale/white, so to me they’re white-winged doves as sung about by Stevie.

If you’re going to invest in a tattoo, white ink is a fairly pointless exercise.

I couldn’t write about this tattoo without enjoying my favourite live Stevie Nicks performance of “Edge of Seventeen”.





No comments:

Post a Comment