Saturday, April 27, 2013

[Product Review] Dove Pure Deodorant


Not all deodorants are made equal.

 Pure is a new line of deodorants from the people at Dove. 

Why is Dove Pure different to other deodorants? 

They contain NO:

* Frangrance
* Parabens
* Colourants
* Alcohol (Refers to Ethyl Alcohol)

They've removed the elements which are present in most deodorants, that are known to cause skin irritation.

The new Dove Pure comes in a 50ml Roll-on and 100g/169ml Spray

Parabens are a type of man-made chemical preservative used in cosmetics.
There have been studies to suggest that parabens can be harmful to humans, so it's nice to see companies such as Dove choosing to avoid them in their products.


And, like with all Dove products, the Pure deodorants contain 1/4 moisturising cream, to soothe your underarms.
The texture of the roll-on deodorant itself actually resembles that of moisturising cream. It absorbs well into your skin, not leaving you with that damp armpit feeling. 


I am someone who can find myself getting skin irritation if I use particular soaps, washing detergents, and deoderant. Dove Pure ticks all the boxes: it's hypoallergenic and gentle on my skin. 


Accidentally got some on your clothes? No worries! 
We've all been there: in a rush to get ready in the morning, put on deodorant and rushed out the door, only to realise we've got white marks from the deodorant on our clothes. 
As Dove Pure contains no colourants, it won't stain or leave marks on your clothing.


When Dove say no frangrance, they're not lying. It means there's no frangrance to irritate your skin or your nose, nor does it interfere with the scents of any perfumes you may wear.

I've grown up accustomed to having my deodorant smelling of something, so it's a bit of a learning curve, remembering that Dove Pure isn't meant to smell of anything. 

You might think that no frangrance means no protection; quite to the contrary. 
With Dove Pure's 48 hour protection, I know that I'm not going to be self conscious or have any need to worry about getting smelly. 
For someone like me who exercises on a regular basis, an anti-perspirant deodorant is a must. 


Dove Pure gets two big thumbs up from me. 



Click here to find out more about Dove's product range.


NOTE: I was provided these Dove as part of a Product Talk by Nuffnang. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment