Saturday, January 11, 2014

Homemade Acai Lemonade [Vegan & Sugar Free]

Having been back at school this past week, sitting in an absolutely freezing cold computer lab all day, I can already feel myself getting the beginnings of a cold. I can't afford to get sick, so I'm being proactive and trying to consume more antioxidant rich foods. 

Acai has one of the highest ORAC values, meaning its substantial antioxidants fight any free radicals in your body. While the purpose of this drink was originally for my health, I also sought to recreate the flavour of the Now Foods Squenchers (now called Slender Sticks) which I reviewed a few months back. 

Who needs medicine when healthy superfoods taste this good?


Ingredients

1 1/2 Cups of Water
1 1/2 Tbsp (30ml) Lemon Juice
1 tsp Acai Powder
2 tsp Natvia


Directions

Add all of the ingredients to a blender and pulse until well combined

Optional: Use soda water for more of a traditional soft drink/soda lemonade experience

Makes 1 serve



Macros

15 calories
0g protein
0g fat
2g carbs
0g sugar
0g fibre

No comments:

Post a Comment