Friday, January 3, 2014

Pineapple Jam [Vegan & No Added Sugar]

For those of you who may have missed the post on the cake I made for Christmas, I wanted to do a separate post for this pineapple jam. This jam was that incredible that I think it deserves all the attention today. 

There's not many ingredients required for this recipe, as with many of my recipes, so you won't have to spend too much of our beautiful Summer weather stuck in the kitchen. 


Once you try this pineapple jam you'll be wanting to spread it on every single thing you eat. Don't believe me? I've been topping my banana ice cream with it, add a few spoonfuls to smoothies, and sneaking some out of the fridge as a quick afternoon snack. This is one addiction that I'm not ashamed to admit to. 

While I used canned pineapple for the jam - simply to save the time at Christmas - you can use either fresh or canned for yours. Now, onto the recipe:


Ingredients

1 Can of Pineapple Pieces (drained ~ 600g)
4 tsp Norbu (or Natvia if you prefer)

Optional: 3-4 Drops of Now Foods Better Stevia in French Vanilla - This stuff adds a hint of vanilla/coconut which takes the jam to another level. You can substitute with a couple of drops of vanilla or coconut essence/extract. 


Directions

Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and cook over a high heat. 

When the pineapple juices begin releasing their juice, bring to a boil and then simmer away for 7-10 minutes, until the mixture becomes thick and sticky.  


Remove from the heat and place in the fridge to cool and thicken further.
Once cooled, transfer the jam to an air-tight container and store in the fridge. 



Makes 12 serves


Macros per serve

26 calories
0.3g protein
0.1g fat
6.8g carbs
5.2g sugar
0.7g fibre

No comments:

Post a Comment