Sunday, February 16, 2014

[Product Review] Fruit For Life Inca Berries



Inca Berries, also known as golden berries are a somewhat new to me product. I've seen them mentioned time and time again on Instagram and Tumblr with people raving about them. When I randomly stumbled upon them in my local Woolworths store, I knew I had to buy myself a pack - and boy am I glad I did. 

Fruit For Life Inca Berries are preservative free, and unlike many dried fruits, they contain no oil whatsoever - they're completely 100% dried inca berries. These little berries are high in fibre and Vitamin C and packed full of antioxidants. 

Upon first bite they have quite a tough skin which leads to a sweet and gooey centre full of little seeds like a fig or other type of berries. They're quite tart which is actually pleasing to my palate as I LOVE other tart things like raspberries and citrus. Inca berries have immediately become my newest obsession. 

Use inca berries as you would raisins or sultanas in baked goods, enjoy with a bowl of yogurt (vegan or not) or add to baked granola or raw trail mix. I also just love eating them as is and they make a great, non-messy snack for when I spend my days in the computer lab at school. 

Be on the lookout for some inca berry recipes in the near future. 



Macros per 20g serve

61 calories
1.5g protein
<1g fat
10g carbs
8.2g sugar
3.8g fibre


Where to buy

You can find Fruit For Life Inca Berries at your local Woolworths supermarket or simply order them online - they're currently on sale!


Social Media

Twitter @Fruit4Life

No comments:

Post a Comment