Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fudgy Date Balls Three Ways

The only thing keeping me sane this week has been spending time in the kitchen working on my e-book. My lack of creative juices for my school assignments apparently hasn't hampered my ability to come up with new recipes. 

I had originally planned to make a new batch of my Raw Coconut Macaroons, but I felt like something a little different. Digging around my pantry I took a few of my favourite ingredients to produce these three flavours of fudgy date balls, and I don't regret it one bit. So sweet, fudgy and decadent, these almost taste too good to be remotely healthy - but they are! 

Free from dairy, gluten and added sugars, these will go down a treat. Simply add the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until combined, then roll into balls. Each recipe produces six fudgy date balls, but I can't guarantee that they will last long once you try one.




Cherry Ripe

5 Medjool Dates (60g)
1 tsp Cocoa Powder (3g)
5g Freeze Dried Cherries
5g Desiccated Coconut

Macros per ball

36 calories
0.3g protein
0.5g fat
7.3g carbs
6g sugar
0.7g fibre


Lemon & Fig

3 Medjool Dates (36g)
6 Fruit for Life Dried Figs (75g)
Lemon Rind

Macros per ball

53 calories
0.7g protein
0.3g fat
12g carbs
10g sugar
1.5g fibre


Choc Orange

7 Medjool Dates (84g)
2 tsp Cocoa Powder (6g)

Macros per ball

45 calories
0.5g protein
0.2g fat
11g carbs
8.6g sugar
0.8g fibre


I just can't get enough of the Choc Orange Fudgy Date Balls. 
Which was your favourite flavour?




No comments:

Post a Comment