Monday, June 9, 2014

[Product Review] Blue Diamond Flavoured Almonds

The producers of Almond Breeze almond milk, Blue Diamond have just expanded their product range in Australia. However it's not a new flavour of almond milk - it's flavoured almonds! 

The always delicious Californian almonds come in three flavours: Honey Roasted, Roasted Salted and Wasabi & Soy Sauce. 


The lovely people at Blue Diamond were so generous as to send me a sample of each flavour along with this adorable serving set which I just know I'm going to get plenty of use out of.



While being a vegan meant I didn't try the Honey Roasted almonds, my family were keen to dig in. Needless to say they were huge fans of the sweet (honey) and savoury (roasted almonds) combination of flavours. 


Honey Roasted

The Roasted Salted and Wasabi & Soy Sauce were all mine to enjoy, and that I did. It's hard to believe but I don't think I've ever eaten roasted almonds, only raw or blanched almonds. However, I now have a new favourite, roasted almonds taste so unbelievably good. 


Roasted Salted
I generally don't consume too many products with added salt, but the sodium content of these almonds is so low that it's nothing to even worry about. There's really just enough salt to really enhance the flavour of the crunchy, roasted almonds. These have encouraged me to think of adding almonds not just to sweet dishes, but savoury ones too. 



Wasabi & Soy Sauce

For the lovers of all things spicy are the Wasabi & Soy Sauce almonds which are the perfect balance of spicy and salty. The soy sauce adds a more complex savoury taste than just salt. If you're a little cautious when it comes to wasabi, don't worry these are mild enough to be enjoyed by everyone. 


The next time you're at the supermarket stocking up on groceries, why not pick up some of Blue Diamond's flavoured almonds too? Blue Diamond almonds make getting a good dose of healthy fats and vitamins all the more flavourful. 

Social Media Links



(NOTE: These products were sent to me by Blue Diamond to be reviewed. I was not monetarily compensated. All views expressed are that of my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment