Tuesday, September 16, 2014

[Product Review] Fruit For Life Unsweetened Dried Mango

As I've been working on my upcoming date ball e-book, one of the recipes required dried mango. 
When I got to my local Coles supermarket, I discovered that Fruit For Life now offer an unsweetened version of their delicious dried mango.



For many years, back in primary school, my go-to recess snack was a Fruit Roll Up - not exactly a healthy or nutritious meal.
Pop a few pieces of this unsweetened dried mango in your kid's (and even your own) lunchboxes instead of those other processed snacks.
One bag is enough for a whole school, with it costing around the same price as Roll Ups.

Macros per 20g

73 calories
0.8g protein
0.4g fat
15g carbs
13.2g sugar (naturally occurring)
1g fibre



These dried mango pieces are a great mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack, giving you a hit of energy to tide you over until your next meal. 

While these, of course, are not as sweet as the sweetened kind, the natural flavour and sweetness of the mango shines through. I like to snack on the sweetened and unsweetened versions to get the best of both worlds. 

If you want to try something different, grab some kitchen scissors and cut up the mango into small pieces, then mix with Fruit For Life Coconut Chips and your favourite dried fruits and nuts for a tropical trail mix. 

Check back soon for details on how to buy my date ball e-book, and see how I used this dried mango. 


You can find Fruit For Life products at Coles and Woolworths and other selected supermarkets. Click here for a full list of stockists, or purchase them from their online store

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/fruitforlife1
Twitter - @Fruit4Life 



Note: This product was purchased with my own money. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment