Wednesday, October 8, 2014

[Product Review] Well & Good Instant Custard Powder

Traditional custard is a vegans worst nightmare; packed full of egg yolks, cows milk and sometimes cream. And, as someone who chooses to avoid soy, where possible, many vegan custard recipes are not suitable. 


When I found Well & Good Instant Custard Powder, I was interested to see how much it resembled non-vegan custard. I have to say, I am impressed. The texture is spot on, just how I remember it. 

It's a little on the pricey side, but I was able to pick it up on clearance at my local Coles supermarket.


Well & Good Instant Custard Powder is free from:

Gluten - Wheat - Soy - Dairy - Tree Nuts - Peanuts - Trans Fat - Egg

making it suitable for vegetarians and vegans alike, and for those with food allergies.


The best part of this mix, other than being vegan, is that no heating/cooking is required. Simply whisk milk (try my homemade almond or coconut milks) and water into the mix, and within 30 seconds you'll have the perfect custard consistency. 
I like to refrigerate the custard for 10-15 minutes before eating it.

40g of the custard powder,100ml of water and 100ml of non-dairy milk is roughly enough for 2-3 serves, if paired with something like my Apple Berry Crumble.



You'll be sure to see some custard recipes coming up soon for Treat Yourself Thursday's over on The Inked Vegan

For now, if you require some inspiration, there are three recipes supplied on the box:

Custard Tart - Custard Slice  - Brandy Pouring Custard for Christmas


The Well & Good range also includes cake, biscuit and bread mixes, as well as a variety of flours. 
To view the full list of products, and their ingredients, click here.


Where to Buy

Well & Good products are stocked in many Coles stores.
To find your nearest stockist, click here.


Social Media Links

Twitter - @wellandgoodfood

No comments:

Post a Comment