Monday, March 30, 2015

[Product Review] Nudie: Beetroot Veggie Juice + Recipe

Despite Nudie having a great selection of juices, the one I always seem to purchase is the Veggie Nudie Juice. There's something about that combination of apple, carrot, orange and ginger that keeps me coming back for more. 

A few weeks ago I decided to break out of my habit and taste test another of their fruit and vegetable juices. The beetroot one looked rather good - that rich burgundy colour just screams health and antioxidants. 



I was so hypnotised by the colour that I failed to realise that it contains mint which is possibly my least favourite herb. That made me a little hesitant to take my first sip, but I did so anyway. 

 It's quite earthy in taste due to the amount of beetroot juice, although the sweetness of the apple, carrot and pineapple juices balance it nicely. Despite so little mint being used, it is one of the dominant flavours, but somehow it works. 

This Beetroot Veggie Nudie Juice isn't as sweet as their other flavour combinations which makes for a nice change from the norm. The complex flavours of this juice make for a different yet delightful juice experience. It's refreshing, and packed full of vitamins and minerals - there's no guilt to be had when enjoying this juice. 

Sometimes when you try a food you usually hate you'll end up being pleasantly surprised. 




- RECIPE -

1/2 Cup Nudie Beetroot Veggie Juice
1/4 Cup Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds

Blend the juice and strawberries until smooth
Pour over the chia seeds, stirring to make sure they're evenly distributed
Allow to thicken in the fridge overnight, then enjoy!





Find out more about Nudie by checking out their social media accounts - 

Twitter: @nudiejuices

No comments:

Post a Comment