Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The 9 Foods To Stock Your Pantry With In 2015

Get your 2015 off to the right start by stocking your pantry (or cupboards) full of healthy foods - the best sure-fire way to avoid reaching for those unhealthy snacks.

iHerb has been my go-to online store for health food products for a few years now and they never fail to impress me with their prices and unbelievably fast shipping times. It is these packaged foods which help me create the delicious recipes which I've shared across both of my blogs.

Nothing is a substitute for fresh fruits and vegetables, but these products sure do help them taste even more amazing. Here's what I will be buying for the new year.


Enter NDW884 at checkout to save $10 off your first order

Coconut Flour




 Use it in baking or roll date balls in it for a delightful coconut flavour without the fat.


Inca Berries


If there was only one dried fruit I could eat for the rest of my life, it would be inca berries. Eat them as is, toss them in a granola or trail mix, or top a mango and coconut chia pudding with them.


Carob Powder


A great substitute for cocoa or cacao in recipes and is actually cheaper than them both!


Liquid Stevia



Just a few drops can transform a banana smoothie from bland to delicious. Mix several flavours for an exciting flavour combination, and even use them to create homemade soda with sparkling mineral water.

Read my liquid stevia reviews for some more insight into their uses:

Wisdom Naturals SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia 
Now Foods Better Stevia
Stevita Liquid Stevia


Reduced Fat Coconut


40% less fat than regular coconut. Perfect for making virtually fat free coconut milk.


Coconut Aminos


Lower sodium and gluten free alternative to soy sauce.


Chia Seeds


Stock up now and get ready for my upcoming chia seed pudding recipe e-book.


Coconut Oil


Perfectly simple product with so many uses from oil pulling (for your teeth), homemade toothpaste, hair and skin care.  Nutiva's refined coconut oil is perfect for all these, and an added bonus is it's price - 1.6L of oil for just $18.


Freeze Dried Fruit


Just Tomatoes Etc! is my favourite brand (I review them here) and make not just freeze dried fruits, but vegetables too. I like to blend the fruits into a fine powder and swirl through some banana ice cream for a subtle flavour.


Place your orders today for a healthier tomorrow. 

The Inked Vegan's new website will be live in the first quarter of 2015. For now, follow me on the following social media sites:

Twitter: @theinkedvegan

No comments:

Post a Comment