Monday, March 30, 2015

Road Trippin' to A Day On The Green

Disclosure: this is a paid post for RACV sponsored by Nuffnang


With Fleetwood Mac tickets going on sale in a week, I have been contemplating whether to purchase a ticket for Rod Laver Arena, or make the trek to the Geelong area for the A Day On The Green leg of their tour. I saw Stevie Nicks perform in her solo Australian tour, but being able to experience the whole band live would be amazing and life changing. 

This got me thinking about my road trip to another A Day On The Green event where I saw the Baby Animals, Train and INXS a few years ago. 






No one else I knew wanted to go, so off I went, still jet-lagged from only just returning from my US trip two days prior. 

I am an anxious person in general, then when you throw into the mix, driving somewhere I've never been, hours from home and all alone, my nerves were shot. The one thing I knew I didn't have to worry about (at least, not as much) was that I had RACV Emergency Roadside Assistance. 

Other than driving and filling it with petrol, I don't know much about cars. Having been RACV members for years, my parents encouraged me to do the same. They didn't want a frantic call from me in the middle of the night. Knowing I could call someone who cares, if I experienced any car troubles, was a relief. 

To avoid any possible road trip mishaps, here are a few of my tips:

* Fill your car up, check your tyre tread and pressure
* Stay hydrated and bring plenty of healthy snacks - avoid petrol station junk food or fast food
* Print out a set of directions, have a map or GPS - take a look at the route before leaving home to familiarise yourself with it
* Take a break every couple of hours - stretch your legs or switch drivers
* In the days leading up to a road trip, write a list of everything you need to bring
and lastly
* Make a playlist of awesome road trip songs to sing along to - this just makes time fly



With school holidays coming up, be prepared with RACV Emergency Roadside Assistance and find out why it's 'Heaps More Helpful'.

RACV Facebook || RACV Twitter: @theracv


What was the last road trip you went on?
What are your top road trip tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment